Saturday, January 29, 2011

January 26, 2011

the last 24 hours were spent online. searching for stories, medical research, anything we could find about CH and edema. there is tons of information about CH, not much about edema. there were positive outcomes about baby's with CH. these stories gave us hope. and, to be honest, gave me the first feelings of strength. i finally realized that i could fight for this baby. if my doctors wouldnt, i would. anthony felt the same way. we came to agreement that we would fight for this baby.

130pm
we go in for the CVS test. there are 2 options for this test; one is needle in the belly (no thank you), the other is vaginally (yes, please). apparently, i would not have a choice. on this particular day, with this particular doctor, i would be having needle in belly. let freaking out begin. i warned him of my fear of needles. he didnt really seem to care. he found the placenta and begin to do set-up. i asked him if he could check and make sure there was still a heartbeat. honestly, i was terrified to know...there, in fact, was a heartbeat. let's continue.

yes, the needle in the belly really sucked. then, they had to give me another shot in the rear end because of my blood type. crappy day. i went home to rest (required for 24 hours following the procedure).

thus begins the wait for preliminary results...

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand about the shot in the rear thing ... I am O- and had to have the same shot! =(
    I am glad that you and Anthony are fighting for your precious little Estella Ray ... I love the sound of her name!!!!

    ReplyDelete